Forking Win32 process?

Mon Jan 28 15:33:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 11:27:54AM +0300, Dmitry Bely wrote:
>Yes, I just need to fully clone a native Win32 process. Thanks for
>pointing to MinGW (probably you mean MSYS?), I will look into it.

MSYS is a fork of cygwin and will use similar mechanisms.

There is nothing to stop you from inspecting how cygwin does fork and
adapting that to your application but if you use substantial pieces
of the fork implementation, your application will become GPLed, so
beware.

But, again, I'd appreciate it if this discussion was moved elsewhere.