configure with --enable-malloc-debugging fails to compile

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Wed Feb 13 23:56:00 GMT 2008

On 13 February 2008 23:14, Dave Korn wrote:

>   I'm guessing that a macro substitution that is supposed only to be applied
> to calls to dlfree has been applied to the declaration.  More later.

  Yep.  winsup.h includes debug.h, which includes dlmalloc.h, which #defines
the debug macros and thereby prevents you from being able to include
cygmalloc.h at a later time.

  I am now testing a fix that involves putting include guards around
cygmalloc.h and then just always including it in debug.h before dlmalloc.h;
more later.

  FYI, I found a "may be used uninitialised" warning in
winsup/cygwin/dcrt0.cc:

 860        size_t size = sys_wcstombs (NULL, size, wline);

;)

    cheers,
      DaveK