user malloc testsuite test fails

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Wed Jul 19 13:36:00 GMT 2006

From: "Christopher Faylor"
To: <cygwin-developers>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 11:38 PM
Subject: user malloc testsuite test fails

>I haven't looked into why this is the case, but the user malloc test
> failed for me just now when I was running the test suite prior to
> uploading 1.5.21 for release.
>
> Pierre, would you mind figuring out where the problem lies?

The malloc test also passes on my machine at work.

I am attaching a slightly modified test that runs in standalone
mode, using the cygwin1.dll. Simply gcc it. That may help explain
what's going on on your machine. It produces a verbose output when
given any argument. The behaviors differ when run from Cygwin or from
Windows.

Pierre