cygwin-developers irc channel

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Sun Oct 23 11:46:00 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 16:17 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:50:15AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >I've set up a cygwin-developers irc channel on irc.freenode.net.
> >Corinna and I will be hanging out there, discussing Cygwin development,
> >if anyone is interested.
> >
> >This list isn't "moderated" yet but I hope that this list won't be
> >abused by "newbies" with non-development questions.
>
> Btw, when joining, please identify yourself or there is a chance that
> you will be kicked off.  And, it's the polite thing to do anyway.

My experience with IRC development channels (having run the squid one
for some years now) is that:
- We get a number of non devs.
- A very small number of them will ask non dev questions, and they react
well to pointers to the right channel when given them.
- welcoming those non devs has migrated no few of them to patch
contributors over time.

But hey, up to you.

Rob