Symlinks under /proc

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Tue Feb 1 15:22:00 GMT 2005

On Feb  1 09:38, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Correct.  The name for pipes and, FWIW, AF_INET sockets, is generated
> > following the Linux naming rules, but it's not possible to resolve it.
> > I'm not sure how to implement that right now.
>
> Looks like Linux resolves this at the kernel level, in the link processing
> code.  The following (on Linux) shows that the link target is not resolved
> outside of a link:

I've checked in code which allows to resolve pipes and sockets.  In
contrast to Linux, the patch does not allow to re-open the pipe.  Instead,
it behaves as if the process tries to oopen a socket, it returns -1 and
sets errno to ENXIO.

I have a vague idea how to implement opening such a pipe of another
process, but I have to mull over it a bit longer.

Red Hat, Inc.