moving towards 1.5.10?

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Tue May 4 16:07:00 GMT 2004

On May  4 11:35, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Here's a revised list.

Cool, thanks.  I've just applied a patch to ctr0.o to also 16 byte align
the main thread's stack and stack frame which should be noted below, too.

Are you going to create a snap today anyway or should I create one
specificially?

Corinna

> Changes since 1.5.9-1:
>
> - Improve cygheap debugging, Fix heap size problems in child processes
>   (Christopher Faylor)
>
> - Add sound recording capabilities.  General improvements to audio
>   code (Gerd Spalink)
>
> - Simplify and speed up path handling (Pierre Humblet)
>
> - Fix SIGCHLD handling (Christopher Faylor)
>
> - Fix semget and shmat (Corinna Vinschen)
>
> - Improve thread safety of newlib's file I/O functions (Thomas Pfaff)
>
> - Rewrite tape code to operate like Linux SCSI tape driver (Corinna Vinschen)
>
> - Add SIGPIPE handling to sendmsg (Corinna Vinschen)
>
> - Allow successful socket send/recv even after signal has arrived
>   (Patrick Samson)
>
> - Add libtextreadmode.a to allow setting only file input to O_TEXT by default
>   (Corinna Vinschen)
>
> - Speed up stat-like file operations. Minimize file open/close calls
>   in NT (Corinna Vinschen)
>
> - Fix lseek return code in case of error (Corinna Vinschen)
>
> - 16 byte align thread stacks to allow SSE operations (DJ Delorie)
>
> - Ensure that newly created threads are always ready to receive a
>   signal.  (Christopher Faylor)
>
> - Fix race with multithreaded programs using sockets.  (Christopher Faylor)
>
> - Ensure that correct errno is set for failing opens.  (Christopher Faylor)
>
> - Fix so that cygwin works correctly on Windows 95.  (Pierre Humblet)

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.