1.5.8 release announcement

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Mon Mar 15 20:44:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> If all of my tests continue to work, I plan on releasing this tomorrow.
>
> Any additions or corrections to the below text are welcome.

Here is another one:
- Allow Administrators to also "kill" all top level Cygwin processes. (Pierre Humblet)

> - Implement sighold.  (Christopher Faylor)

I notice that sighold's argument sig is an integer, while that of sigpause
is a mask (in Cygwin & BSD), which makes sigpause identical to sigsuspend.

sighold and sigpause are supposed to work together, see "Application Usage" in
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/signal.html
So now that sighold is present it would make sense to adopt the Posix
definition for sigpause (there is no sighold in BSD).

Pierre