[Fwd: Macros "major" and "minor"]

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 14:00:00 GMT 2004

On Jun 15 15:47, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> So I was wondering why sys/sysmacros.h is included in cygwin/types.h
> at all.  I found no reason.  Even Cygwin builds without it.
>
> If nobody has a good reson to keep sys/sysmacros.h included in
> cygwin/types.h, I'll remove the #include soon.

Oops, scratch that.  I just tested that on Linux and in the default
case, major/minor and makedev are defined because __USE_BSD is defined.
So it's apparently not wrong to define these macros through inclusion
of sys/types.h, even though they are not even mentioned in SUSv3, AFAICS.

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.