/dev/dsp - dup and open_count

Christopher Faylor me@cgf.cx
Sat Jun 12 17:08:00 GMT 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 06:50:41PM +0200, Gerd Spalink wrote:
>3. dup is different from a second open. It creates a second instance,
>but it should use the same buffers and wave device handles.
>dup() should thus work for both reading and writing. Maybe,
>a dup_count variable is the way to go forward.
>
>Any comments?

Pierre already suggested that I had implemented an archetype class
which is used by ttys.  I don't think we should be reimplementing
another mechanism when we already have one available.

Unfortunately, I got tired and probably didn't make things as
generic as I should have when implementing archetypes but I don't
think we are far from getting these operational.