NTFS vs. Samba

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Sun Aug 29 16:38:00 GMT 2004

At 06:21 PM 8/29/2004 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>Oh no, please.  Let's not expand ntea functionality.  What is that
>fake good for?

Not sure. I never used it and I have no desire to change that.
But to play the devil's advocate, it could help to fake permissions
for ssh on remote drives.

One way to make ntea user friendly would be to never report
a failure when trying to write or read the EA, but to report and
use the permissions when they can be read. Then there is no need
to determine if EAs are supported on system X.

Pierre