[Fwd: reentrant functions]

Christopher Faylor cgf@alum.bu.edu
Wed Apr 7 17:47:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 11:24:50AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Is there any other reason besides "nobody did it so far", that we
>have a lot of the reentrant functions missing in cygwin.din?

When I wrote a script to figure out globals that are in newlib but
not exported by cygwin, I filtered out _r functions.  I think the
reason was that there are a few _r functions which are specific
to newlib and may not be POSIX compliant.

Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to export all of the _r
functions that are official.