PLEASE TEST: New implementation of blocking socket I/O

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 16:15:00 GMT 2004

On Apr  1 10:24, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Also in wsock_event::release the event is closed before
> the ioctlsocket call. Doesn't that leave the system in a
> limbo state for a short period? It's because of transitions
> like that that I was thinking of keeping the event open.

That shouldn't matter.  Event selecting is properly stopped first.
Then the event object isn't used anymore, anyway.  And then the
socket is switched back to blocking.  Looks pretty normal.  I'm
under the impression that the quotation from MSDN in my previous
posting has something to do with the hangs.

Red Hat, Inc.