biggest... check-in... ever...

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Wed Sep 24 19:23:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Tomorrow, I will check in my massive rewrite of fhandler stuff to deal
> with devices in a different way.  It will eventually allow on-disk
> device files.  It sort of does now but managed mode clobbered this a
> little.
>
> Anyway, I'm nervous about checking this in since it hits so many things
> but it's never going to get smaller, so what the heck.
>
> The old code, before I merged my branch, is tagged as "pre-cgf-merge".
>
> There are a few random cleanups besides the device code and one large
> rewrite of the signal handling code, as previously mentioned.  It uses
> pipes now.  I haven't fixed this to deal with the SIGCHLD issue yet

Chris,

That's as well because I see a related but bigger issue coming up.
Let's fix both at once, in due time.

When you are done with this biggest patch, could you look at the patch I
sent last week, about securing the delete queue?
Once that is done I will send a patch fixing the bug found by Jason
Tishler (Recent security improvements breaks proftpd).

Pierre