sub msec sleep/timers

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Thu Sep 18 18:59:00 GMT 2003

Pierre, are you or anyone else planning on enhancing
nanosleep/usleep/itimer functions, etc. to sub msec accuracy?

It looks like it could be done via [Create|Open|Set|Cancel]WaitableTimer,
at least on >= 98.  Would this be an acceptable enhancement for >= 98
systems via a wincap test or the like?

If so, and no one is working on it, I may take a shot.  We have in-house
vis-sim apps that could really benefit from sub msec accuracy/scheduling.

If anyone has looked at this before and has tips/pointers/"you can't do
that", etc., please let me know.  I am quite new to Windows programming.

Thanks.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer