Problems with Xemacs

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Fri Oct 10 18:22:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:50:35PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> >Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >> That was one of the changes, yes.
> >
> >But the user stuff (cygheap->user.init ()) does not touch myself, nor
> >any pinfo
>
> myself == 0 is used as a flag that the DLL isn't fully initialized.

OK, but cygheap->user.init () only touches cygheap->user (which must exists),
hMainProc (its former lack of initialization may have been the real problem)
and wincap.
What concerns me is that cygheap->user.init () does useful work, simply
skipping it should lead to problems elsewhere, mostly related to ntsec.

Also myself == 0 should depend on global_ctors having run.
Isn't there a more direct test for that?

Pierre