[corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com: Re: ENOTSOCK errors with cygwin dll 1.3.21 and 1.3.22]

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Thu May 29 17:13:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 09:41:30AM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> > I have confirmed the problem stems from access to the current process;
> >  it disappears when Everyone has access.
>
> It does for you?  Since I was curious, I tested that yesterday, too.
> I changed the DACL of the current process to allow full control for
> Everyone...  no change!

Yes, or at least I think so. In sec_helper.cc:sec_acl() I changed
well_known_system_sid to well_known_world_sid.
I use a test program that makes direct Windows socket calls, so
that it is not affected by the fhandler_socket changes.
Now it works when launched from Cygwin, but not from Windows.
That's consistent with the theory.

Pierre