stat matters

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Wed May 28 13:05:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 07:48:43PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>    The bad news is that one old bug still isn't taken care of: "c:/." is
>    a root dir without being a prefix of "c:/".

What are you refering to?  I don't see that it fails:

$ ls -ldsi C:/
 327685    0 d---------   10 ???????? ????????        0 May 25 22:56 C:/
$ ls -ldsi C:/.
 327685    0 d---------   10 ???????? ????????        0 May 25 22:56 C:/.

> 3) GetCompressedFileSize does not always report the updated size between the
>    moment where a write occurs and the moment where the buffers are flushed to
>    disk. It can underreport the value of st_blocks, but it's not clear if this
>    violates POSIX:
>
>    blkcnt_t  st_blocks  number of blocks allocated for this object
>
>    Allocated where? The blocks won't be on disk until flushed.

Do you suggest to call GetCompressedFileSize() only for files having
the COMPRESSED or SPARSE_FILE attribute set?

Red Hat, Inc.