Problems on accessing Windows network resources

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Tue Jun 10 15:12:00 GMT 2003

Corinna,

This is follows up on the latest e-mail from
Takashi Yano.

The cleanest way to fixup the problem in cygwin is to
keep the token from the cygwin_logon_user even
when creating an internal token, and to go back to
it automatically when needed.
It's easy, I can probably do that this evening.

Another way is to assume that when we setuid to 18,
we also implicitly setgid to 544. That's more risky
because some installations (possibly the 2003 machines)
may use another SID than SYSTEM to run their daemons.

Pierre