Calling RegisterServiceProcess from setsid ?

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Wed Jun 4 02:47:00 GMT 2003

At 10:17 PM 6/3/2003 -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>At 10:03 PM 6/3/2003 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I like the idea but the problem of not logging out wouldn't be in
>>the service case as much as the non-service case, would it?
>
>I have tried that but it seems to have no effect.
>That's easy to test: launch inetd from a shell on 9X (it calls
>RegisterServiceProcess) and then log off. In my experience it will
>launch one of these irritating termination pop-ups. Someone should
>double check though.

It's more complicated. What I wrote is correct when the shell is
under rxvt. Otherwise inetd stays alive. Would that mean that
setsid leaves inetd connected to something when running from
rxvt?

Pierre