LD_PRELOAD for cygwin [was javac on cygwin]

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Wed Jul 9 18:44:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

Apropos of the discussion which happened on the main list in January*,
I've stumbled across a few interesting tidbits while Googling today.  I
thought I might share them, as there seemed to be some interest in
implimenting a dll preloader for Cygwin:

http://www.deez.info/sengelha/projects/ldpreload/

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/nt/DLL_PRELOAD/

The idea is quite fascinating, but these implimentations seem to require
NT/2K/XP/2K3 only.  The author of the first one seems certain that if
alternative methods can be found for determing entry points and process
memory chunks, it could work on the other windows versions.  Anyway,
maybe this might be of some use to people.

Cheers,
Nicholas

*http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-01/msg00694.html