Problem building with old include and libs for newer DLL?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sat Jul 5 04:38:00 GMT 2003

I was just trying to build a new version of binutils but I wasn't having
much luck getting as to work.  The problem was stack corruption when
as called stat().

Aha, says I.  That's because of the new 64 bit stuff.  I didn't update
my cross-build environment.  So, I dutifully did so.

But, now that I think of it, should this have worked without updating to
new header files and libraries?  Shouldn't the old headers and libraries
have worked?  Shouldn't the binary have used the older 32 bit interface?

Just wondering...