Cygdaemon - planning

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Wed Jul 2 19:31:00 GMT 2003

cgf@redhat.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 04:07:12PM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>
>>Regarding ftok(), IMO that should stay where it is. It's expected to be in the C
>>library, and there's no need to have it in cygserver now.
>

> Right.  Any public facing interfaces have to come from the cygwin DLL.
>
> cgf

I agree and, as I've said before, we should really mirror what glibc
does in terms of which libraries contain which functions come rather
then providing lots of silly, non-standard libraries to link against
which generic configure scripts aren't going to pick up.  Also, how do
you plan to export the symbols shmat, shmctl, shmdt, shmget?  Currently,
from when Conrad was working on it, I have them appended to cygwin.din
so that they are part of the c import library.  I hope the plan isn't to
use a separate import library...

On another note, for consistency's sake (I know they don't do anything),
shouldn't we move the msg.{cc,h} and sem.{cc,h} as well?

Elfyn, I look forward to testing your changes on WinME as I had been
doing prior to Conrad's falling off the face of the earth...

Cheers,
Nicholas