Newest cygwin snapshot has /proc/<pid>/cmdline

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 18:45:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 05:25:13PM -0500, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
>Try to start "nice make" in one console and "top" in another one. Everything
>freezes and "top" consumes all the CPU time:-( I think the problem is in the
>following loop in _pinfo::commune_send():
>

>  while ((isalive = alive ()))
>    if (myself->hello_pid <= 0)
>      break;
>    else
>      Sleep (0);
>
>Changing Sleep(0) to Sleep(10) helps a little bit, but that's not a
>solution...

No it's not a solution.  And, as surprising as it may sound, I can't
duplicate this.  I.e., "works fine for me".

Are you saying that you actually caught a process in this loop or is
this sheer speculation?