has anyone run the test suite recently?

Norman Vine nhv@cape.com
Fri May 24 05:58:00 GMT 2002

Conrad Scott writes:

>"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
>> If anyone has the time, I'd be interested in seeing if there
>> are any regressions from 1.3.10 an the latest snapshot/cvs.
>>

>I did notice that if I compiled cygwin (i.e. the dll and so forth) with the
>current release (1.3.10-1) installed on my machine, I got a sequence of
>problems with the tests. But if I installed a newly built copy of cygwin
and
>*then* re-built and re-tested the same source tree, it all passed fine.
I'll
>try this again and preserve some log files.

I had similar results when running the regression test with a
locally built Cygwin < build date May 11 > installed, however
after copying the newly built cywin1.dll into /bin and rerunning
the regression test no unexpected errors were reported.

this is consistant with Conrad's findings

Cheers

Norman