'native' symlinks for 2K+

Chris January chris@atomice.net
Fri Jul 26 10:55:00 GMT 2002

> Is there any interest in an implementation of symlinks via reparse
> points for win2k and above?
Reparse points using the filter supplied with win 2k/xp aren't that great
for doing posix-like symlinks. However, in my bookmarks I have some free
code for writing file system filters for Windows NT/2k/XP. Perhaps we could
write our own filter? This would mean Cygwin symlinks worked the same with
native programs as they do with Cygwin programs. (I will, of course, put my
keyboard where my mouth is if there is interest in this).

Chris