cygwin hang problem

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Fri Jul 19 19:17:00 GMT 2002

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Why did you feel that you had to modify handle_exceptions to wait for
> dumper?  Since dumper is invoked as a debugger, and your backtrace
> showed that try_to_debug was invoked with waitloop == true, this code
> should have been exercised:

That was my change -- to invoke with waitloop == true.  At least in
the snapshot I am using, the code goes like this:

if (try_to_debug(0)) {
	debugging = 1;
	return 0;
}

I observed that "debugging" got quite high in value before
dumper managed to attach, and I was concerned that who knows what
had been done to the stack in the meanwhile.

I am typing this via vnc and a cable modem, so will submit
the code change for this later if you want it -- it is an easy enough change.
--
Joe Buehler
Principal Software Engineer