objdump -Sl new-cygwin1.dll [WAS Re: wait_subproc failures in 2002-Feb-10 snapshot]

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 14:14:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 07:44:50AM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Earnie Boyd wrote:
>>Hey, Chris, how about putting up the output of `objdump -Sl
>>new-cygwin1.dll' on the snapshots page?  Then it should be easy to
>>dereference the pointer to the source or am I missing something like
>>strip will move the pointers?
>
>Is this doable?

It's doable.  I actually plan on adding some kind of facility to cygcheck at
some point.  Corinna and I discussed this almost a year ago.

My plan was to produce a bzipped file with symbol information that could be
used to decode addresses in stackdumps and elsewhere.