Quick testfeedback...

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Tue Sep 11 04:59:00 GMT 2001

The attached patch changes pthread_mutexs on windows NT to use critical
sections, instead of win32 mutex's. This should make a noticeable speed
difference - (possibly even faster than the win32_pthreads library - we
were neck and neck before this change :]). There is a minor issue with
pthread_cond_timedwait that I need to resolve on NT, but it's no worse
than the current win95 implementation in terms of potentially losing a
signal so I'm not concerned about this today.

I have tested this out on win95 for regressions, but not on NT
unfortunately... If some kind NT/2k user could test this I would be very
appreciative.

A current test suite I use for this is available at:

http://lifeless.home.dhs.org/PthreadTest-0.1.tar.gz - just configure and
make check. It's fully automated except for the last test, which checks
scheduler changes.

Thanks,
Rob