cygwin slowdown in current cvs version -- need a volunteer

Norman Vine nhv@cape.com
Sat Sep 8 10:27:00 GMT 2001

Christopher Faylor writes:

>Can someone volunteer to run regressions like this when I announce that
>1.3.3 is about to be released?  I did run the test suite this time but
>I would like someone else to be doing this.

>I'd like to see someone running cygwin regression tests on a regular
>basis.  Will anyone volunteer?
>
>This essentially entails running "make check" in the winsup/testsuite
>directory and will involve coming up with some kind of method of timing
>cygwin.  Maybe just a build of cygwin and/or newlib is adequate.

Chris

I already almost do this on a ~'weekly' basis

I already record the time it takes to do a fresh
configure make install
on the files garnered from
cvs co winsup

so I just need to add the additional make check
inside of another timer wrapper in my python script.

what kind of report do we want ??

Norman