setup.exe command line options

Keith Starsmeare keith_starsmeare@yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 00:30:00 GMT 2001

 --- Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote: > > -----Original
Message-----
> > From: Keith Starsmeare [ mailto:keith_starsmeare@yahoo.co.uk ]
> >
> > I thought it best to mirror the options in the dialog boxes,
> > so I came up
> > with these options:
>
> Can I suggest getopt is used? (Just copy the mingw_getopt.o rule from
> utils/Makefile.in).

The arguments are passed in as one string, can I use getopt to process a
string; I imagined I that getopt worked with an array of strings i.e. char
*argv[]?

I enjoyed writing my own function to make parsing easier (I've never used
getopt, although I had heard of it, and there's no man page) but if getopt is
the way to go then I'll use it.

Keith

BTW Is there a cinoptions setting for vim to match the indentation in the setup
sources - I can't get the braces and then the block of code to indent...