setup.exe stalled?

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Sat Oct 27 09:56:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-developers@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 3:53 AM
Subject: Re: setup.exe stalled?

> On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 03:50:28AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >>
> >> One thing that I noticed is that if you cycle through the "View"
> >> selections, when you come around to "Category" again, there is
nothing
> >> displayed for installation.
> >
> >Huh? Nothing *displayed* or *nothing selected*. What happens if you
> >expand a single category that had selected items previously?
>
> The display is different when you cycle through it.  The first time
> through, categories and packages are displayed.  The second time
through
> only the categories are displayed.  No packages are displayed.

Ok, so thats UI side.

> I don't know if the packages are still selected for installation.

As you've got it in front of you, can you expand a category that had
packages selected and see what it shows?

> Hmm.  How does this work?  Are we still selecting everything for
> installation?  I guess we should probably only be selecting the "Base"
> installation and allow people to click on "Development" and get
> everything under Development if they want, etc.

We only select (IIRC-hard coded in select.c) 'base' (case insensitive) +
and dependencies. And that only happends when prev/curr/exp are
selected. Changing the view *should not* change selections.

Rob