setup.exe stalled?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 08:07:00 GMT 2001

I think that I have a functional version of setup.ini on
sources.redhat.com.  The next step is for people to do verification on
setup.exe to see that it works as expected.

Is anyone interested in doing this?  As I mentioned previously, I know of
one problem with setup.exe that is my problem but it is also in the branch
version so I don't think it is a big deal.  It should not impact any
testing.

I'd like to eventually be in the position where we stop promising that this
version of setup will do great things and actually unleash it on the world.

Does anyone think that it is ready for that?

Should I just release it as is?  That would imply that someone is
willing to field all of the questions that will eventually pop up about
this new version.