[AVShutko@mail.khstu.ru: Re: BUG in sendto() function]

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Wed Oct 10 00:10:00 GMT 2001

Hi!

Wednesday, 10 October, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

<test.cpp>

[...]

CF> It contains a relatively simple test case that Alexandr says fails.

God bless users who send simple testcases. it takes me no more than 5
minutes to see what's wrong.

CF> ... I was wondering if you could verify if this should work since
CF> it deals with unix-domain sockets.

yes, it should work, testcase is correct. but i doubt it _ever_ worked
in cygwin. the problem is not with socket. socket is ok. but sendto()
gets dest_addr parameter of type 'struct sockaddr'. we pass this
parameter to WSASendTo() as is, and it works ok while this sockaddr is
of AF_INET family, which WSASendTo() supports. but in this example
it's AF_UNIX. unfortunately, right now I can't propose any solution
except "you can't do that" :(