close to 1.3.4

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Mon Oct 8 01:16:00 GMT 2001

Hi!

Saturday, 06 October, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

CF> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 05:54:04PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>>i get a bunch of "mark_closed: attempt to close protected handle" in
>>>'expect' while running gas testsuite. i don't know if it indicates a
>>>real problem, but i'm looking at it now.
>>
>>So far, I haven't been able to duplicate this.  I'm trying again with various
>>CYGWIN= settings.

CF> Ok, I duplicated it with CYGWIN=tty ntsec.

oh, i should have told what options i'm using from the beginning. will
certainly do next time.

CF>  I think I've checked in a fix for the problem.

i wonder if such things should be a bit more "intrusive" in debugging
version, i.e. should we call api_fatal on errors in add_handle and/or
mark closed? if we do, i'd be easier to write test-cases for such
problems. it won't affect normal users, since releases are built with
debugging code disabled.