CVS branches RFC

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 13:36:00 GMT 2001

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 07:35:49AM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >Robert Collins wrote:
> >> Which, BTW is why I suggested these scripts - small they are, but
> >> powerful too :}.
> >>

> >Yep. And Chris could have created a branch for his changes so as to not
> >destroy a working snapshot.  ;D.
>
> Huh?  You lost me here.
>
> Robert says the scripts are powerful and you accuse me of "destroy"ing
> a working snapshot.  I don't see how one observation flows from the other.
> And, I'm not sure what snapshot you think it was that was "destroy"ed.
>
> I'm not sure why my name suddenly poppped up in this context.

I was referring to "Message-ID:   < 20011003181839.C3772@redhat.com >"
where you stated:

<quote>
And, FYI, I have been merrily trying to deal with my "simple" change
of adding a path_conv call to build_fhandler.  It has had some really
amazing repercussions throughout the code which I'm sure make merging
harder.

I must have unconsciously known that raw devices were a bag of worms
since I was asking other people to test them.  Chuck's findings earlier
today showed that I couldn't just ignore devices and hope that they
just worked.
</quote>

Earnie.