Checked in first phase of mount table awareness for setup.exe

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu May 10 18:46:00 GMT 2001

I checked in a first round of changes for setup.exe.  I stole some code
for scanning the mount table from cygwin, of course.

I'm sure that there are assumptions that need to be revisited but it
seems to work ok now.

I believe that it will currently reset all existing paths to be the same
binmode/textmode as root but I haven't checked for sure.

On an (I think) unrelated note, I am still noticing strange behavior
when trying to install an older package version.

For instance, assume that I have a cygwin-1.3.1-1.tar.gz and a
cygwin-1.3.1-1-src.tar.gz and I have cygwin-1.3.1-2 installed.

When I run setup, it is satisfied that I have the latest version.  So, I
keep clicking on the field that starts out as "Keep" until I come to
cygwin-1.3.1-1.  If I avoid clicking on the sources box, cygwin-1.3.1-1
is installed.  If I click on the source box, the cygwin-1.3.1-1 sources
are installed along with the cygwin-1.3.1-2 tar file.  That's clearly
wrong.

I don't believe that I have done anything to change this.  I don't
know if this is a long standing bug or not.

If someone wants to track this one down that would be great.