_cygwin_S_IEXEC we hardly knew ye

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Tue May 8 05:41:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 08:00:34AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 11:25:07AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 12:13:15AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> For 1.3.3, I am going to implement a "Don't check this directory for
> >> execute bits" option to mount.  I'd like to have this on by default for
> >> smb drives.  Does this sound like a good idea?
> >
> >It sounds like a good idea for users who know what's going on...
>
> You're kidding, right?

Yes and No.

Yes, I think it's a good idea to get speed improvements.

No, I fear the load of mails in the mailing list with clueless
admins (that's what the ACFs are for, too) which installed Cygwin
on a SMB drive for their users.

Yes, probably it's better to live with them and it's not as bad
as I think.

Red Hat, Inc.