_cygwin_S_IEXEC we hardly knew ye

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon May 7 21:32:00 GMT 2001

I've gotten rid of the crap in /usr/include/sys/{stat,unistd,file}.h for
dealing with S_IEXEC.  It was obviously going to cause more problems
than it was worth.

The variables are still around to accomodate programs that may have
used the header files and libcygwin.a but they don't do anything special
anymore.

Their use in 1.3.1 was supposed to trigger the checking of magic numbers
and #! in files so that cygwin could set the execute bit.  Now, I've
reverted to always checking the execute bit, just like before.

For 1.3.3, I am going to implement a "Don't check this directory for
execute bits" option to mount.  I'd like to have this on by default for
smb drives.  Does this sound like a good idea?