1.3.2 ho!

Matt matt@use.net
Wed May 2 21:48:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Matt wrote:

> On Tue, 1 May 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> > What needs to be fixed for 1.3.2?
> >
> > Here are the bugs that I am aware of:
>
> I'm noticing that on my win98 machine that ssh.exe seems to exit, but is
> still running according to the process list. When I try to exit from
> cygwin, cygwin will not exit until that ssh.exe is killed first.
>
> Let me try and reproduce with a snapshot and if the problem still exists,
> attach to the ssh process with gdb and see if I can tell what's going on.
> Regardless, I'll update the list with what I can infer.

When I try to attach to the ssh in lala-land with GDB, gdb appears to
choke and use a lot of CPU. gdb couldn't attach using the Cygwin process
ID, so I used the Windows PID instead. GDB output a message saying it was
attaching to process -2349823 (or somesuch number).

Attached is strace output. I scp'd a file, waited 10 seconds, and then
killed it from another shell.

So, see if you can reproduce by scp'ing a file rather than ssh'ing to a
host. ssh'ing alone doesn't seem to trigger this bug.

Hope this helps!