CYGWIN=title working correctly?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 17:44:00 GMT 2001

I've been forced to play with Windows 9x recently and I've noticed that
CYGWIN=title doesn't seem to be doing the right thing.  It doesn't seem
to be restoring the previous title when a program exits.  I expect the
top of the command window to flicker annoyingly when I run a program under
9x but I thought that setting CYGWIN=title caused the title to be correctly
restored when a program is finished running.

For instance, if I do this:

	c:\>set CYGWIN=title
	c:\>bash
	$ ls

I notice that the top of the window is still titled "ls" when I'm done.
Is this correct?  Or is there a problem here?