setup wishes -- any volunteers

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 14:51:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 09:27:08AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>I know this has been said before, but what about leveraging of an
>existing packaging format - dpkg has all the capabilities you cite, and
>they had a win32 project in place at one time. I'mm willing to polish my
>elbows this weekend and see if I can make something work : but first I
>would like a little buy-in that this is a good route to take.

This gives you dependencies but I don't see that it provides you with
anything else.

You'd have to build a non-cygwin version of rpm to handle all of this.
I don't know how feasible that would be.

It wouldn't be politically expedient for me to say no to RPM, of course.
If you can come up with a plan to use it, I'd be interested.

I think this is the way I answered the last time this question was
raised.  At least I hope I did.