setup.exe busted. Please fix?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 14:16:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 04:14:00PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Wait.  I'm confused.  latest/gcc contains source tarballs too.  Is it
>*setup* that's broken.

setup.exe is broken.  Every directory should contain a source tarball
and that tarball should not be considered an "upgrade" from a previous
version.

What would have happened if I had chosen to upgrade ncftp was, ncftp.exe
would have been deleted, and the sources would have been installed.  That
is clearly wrong.  Older versions of setup.exe didn't work that way.

I'm sure this is just a simple thinko.  It is no big deal since a newer
setup.exe hasn't been installed yet.