A process can't have more than 63 child processes.

Kazuhiro Fujieda fujieda@jaist.ac.jp
Thu Feb 8 16:13:00 GMT 2001

>>> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:03:37 -0500
>>> Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> said:

> I guess we should set PSIZE to 64.

Almost all applications don't practically need to have more
children than 64, so setting the limit to 64 probably causes no
problem. (I found this problem as I was trying `lmbench' which
isn't an ordinary application.)

Anyway, fork() should report the error of too many children to
applications. I believe it is practically important.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology