rxvt pops up console with 2001-Aug-07 shapshot

Kazuhiro Fujieda fujieda@jaist.ac.jp
Wed Aug 22 12:29:00 GMT 2001

>>> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:24:38 +0400
>>> egor duda <deo@logos-m.ru> said:

> but i think if we change
> FreeConsole() to ShowWindow (hConsole, SW_HIDE); it will look
> identical on the screen. no?

No. FreeConsole() doesn't destroy the console window but detach
the process from the window. It destroys the window only when
there is no process attached with it.

When we execute sshd on bash, my patch detach sshd from the
console window attached with bash. The window will remains until
bash terminates.

I'm afraid that it would hide the window before bash terminates
if we use ShowWindow(hConsole, SW_HIDE) instead of FreeConsole().
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  Center for Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology