rxvt pops up console with 2001-Aug-07 shapshot

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 04:18:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 05:00:13PM +0900, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:
> My original problem is that sshd and inetd can't work without
> the console window when I execute it not as a service but as an
> normal application.

So the AllocConsole() in cygrunsrv and inetd is still ok, IMO.
It results in interactive process groups which don't open a
console window when some native windows processes are started.
That's what we want.

So we're still searching for the difference between rxvt which
needs a console to avoid these console windows popping up and
daemon processes which detach to get rid of the console completely.

> I think inetd and cygrunsrv shouldn't invoke AllocConsole() and

Can you explain why you think that? I'm not quite sure why that
should be a problem.

Red Hat, Inc.