Disappearing rxvt Windows

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Thu Aug 16 08:45:00 GMT 2001

I have been noticing that when I start rxvt (and bash) the window often
just disappears.  This problem occurs with the various snapshots that
I have tried over the last few weeks and with a DLL built from fairly
recent CVS.  I seem to be experiencing it more under Windows 2000 SP1
but IIRC, it was happening under NT 4.0 SP 5 (on the same hardware) too.

Usually this happen right after rxvt is stared while bash is running my
bash_profile.  But, sometimes it happens after I see a prompt.  If I
type a command, the prompt returns before the output from the command
and then the window vanishes.

Sorry for the vague bug report.  Please let me know how to help debug
this better.

BTW, has anyone else noticed this problem?  Or, have I entered the
Twilight Zone?

Thanks,
Jason