SHOWSTOPPER: [was Re: vfscanf in newlib]

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Sun Apr 22 13:33:00 GMT 2001

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 01:38:58PM -0400, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 01:21:30AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > > I've just discovered that I get a coredump with all three when I try to
> > > run ssh.  #$!@&$
> >
> > I just build the latest from CVS and it's running fine, even ssh and
> > sshd.
> >
> > Corinna
>
> Thank you.  I guess that means the answer from my email is #3: I've
> somehow lost the ability to build a working cygwin snapshot from a
> perfectly good codebase.  Funny, I don't remember the surgeon saying
> "Ooops" during my recent brain surgery.... :-)

Sorry Chuck, it seems I haven't tried to build from the latest sources.
You're right, the latest code fails to run sshd. It dies with an access
violation on each connect.

I tracked it down to Robert's changes. Somewhere here:

Sat Apr 21 19:26:05 2001  Christopher Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com>

        * thread.cc (MTinterface::Init): Remove accidentally checked in code.

Sun Apr 22 00:22:00 2001  Robert Collins <rbtcollins@hotmail.com>

        * passwd.cc (getpwuid): Check for thread cancellation.
        (getpwuid_r): Ditto.
        (getpwname): Ditto.
        (getpwnam_r): Ditto.
        * thread.h (pthread_mutex): New constructors for pshared operation.
        (MTinterface): Associative array for pshared mutex's.
        * thread.cc (MTinterface::Init): Initailize pshared mutex array.
        (pthread_cond::BroadCast): Implementation notes.
        (pthread_cond::TimedWait): Remove use of SignalObjectAndWait on non-NT systems.
        (pthread_mutex::pthread_mutex(unsigned short)): New function.
        (pthread_mutex::pthread_mutex (pthread_mutex_t *, pthread_mutexattr *)):New function.
        (pthread_mutex::pthread_mutex(pthread_mutexattr *)): Fail on pshared mutex's.
        (__pthread_mutex_getpshared): New function.
        (__pthread_join): Check for thread cancellation.
        (__pthread_cond_timedwait): Support pshared mutex's.
        (__pthread_cond_wait): Ditto.
        (__pthread_condattr_setpshared): Error on PROCESS_SHARED requests.
        (__pthread_mutex_init): Support pshared mutex's.
        (__pthread_mutex_getprioceiling): Ditto.
        (__pthread_mutex_lock): Ditto.
        (__pthread_mutex_trylock): Ditto.
        (__pthread_mutex_unlock): Ditto.
        (__pthread_mutex_destroy): Ditto.
        (__pthread_mutex_setprioceiling): Ditto.
        (__pthread_mutexattr_setpshared): Support PTHREAD_PROCESS_PSHARED requests.

I'm just trying to track it down further. Every help gladly appreciated.

Red Hat, Inc.