[MinGW-dvlpr] [Patch #101463] Additions to runtime headers

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Mon Sep 25 17:36:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 05:51:36AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>We need to coordinate changes to w32api between us.  I'm cross posting
>between the two groups so that we can get feedback on how to handle
>changes to the header files.  Which are, in their own right, a package.

I'm not sure how the stuff that you're quoting below relates to this but,
when this came up before, Mumit decided that we would make changes to
the cygwin CVS repository and post the patches to cygwin-patches, which,
I hope we have been doing.  Mumit was going to ensure that w32api in the
repository was up-to-date.

>IMO, the MinGW development team should be the official maintainers of
>the w32api as it is in their best interest to have them correct.  What
>comments are there on the best ways to coordinate changes?

Is there another w32api CVS repository?  I don't see one on sourceforge.
If there isn't, then I think it makes sense to keep the master
repository on sourceware.  I can give checkin access to whomever needs
it there.

If this isn't acceptable then I hope that someone (i.e.  not DJ,
corinna, or cgf) will be willing to periodically update the
winsup/w32api repository on a regular basis.