1.1.4 vs 1.1.5 timings

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Oct 17 11:44:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 08:32:10AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>>I assume that this is with a recently updated version of cygwin, right?
>>There were some changes to resource accounting (cpu time) in the recent
>>snapshots.
>
>I was using yesterday's snapshot for the timings.

Ah.  That explains the low cpu timings then.  I don't exactly understand
why, but the newer snapshots weren't accurately reporting timings.  In
fact, AFAICT, up until now, all Cygwin DLLs were inaccurate whenever an
exec*() was used.  But, recent snapshots were even more inaccurate than
what had gone before.

So, your elapsed time figures will probably show more cpu usage with today's
snapshot.