Cygwin exiting mysteriously

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 10:16:00 GMT 2000

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 09:22:48AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >I've a strace.gz attached which shows that the process kills itself.  I
> could
> >only get this to happen with another process executing a huge build
> (Cygwin).
>
> I don't see anything strange in this strace.  Was there no output from ls?
> It certainly thought it was outputting stuff.
>
> I see a standard kill_pgrp, called by do_exit.  This causes everything in the
> process group to be sent a SIGHUP if the process is the process group leader.
>
> In this case, AFAICT, nothing was killed, which is what I would expect.
>
> From the strace it looks like ls went through all of the proper
> initialization
> code, then read the current directory, then displayed it.
>
> That's probably not what actually happened, though?

No, there was no visible output, the process, i.e. the bash command window,
just exited.  I don't know if it printed logout, it exited immediately after
the return.

Ok.  I'll see what I can do with an strace from a cmd.exe window starting bash.
 It'll be a little while getting, I've work to do.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com